Electronic Signature in Salesforce
We Offer Different Salesforce Consulting Services
Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that makes sales, service, marketing and more easier for both businesses and their customers. Use the Salesforce applications for small, midsize and enterprise organizations, with a focus on sales and support.
Electronic Signature in Salesforce
There are a number of apps that integrate electronic signature with Salesforce and we can help you with all of them.
Electronic signature allows you send a document via email and the recipient can then click and sign that agreement.
The signed version is updated and attached back in Salesforce. If you are still sending PDFs via email to your customers for signature and uploading signed documents to Salesforce manually, you could benefit from using an eSignature solution.
Benefits of using electronic signature:
- Increased Speed to market
- The ease of clicking a single button to send out a contract for your Sales team.
- The simple process of clicking a link in an email and signing your document makes customers turn around signatures that much quicker.
- You can also generate contracts from templates based on your Salesforce data.
- No need to print documents just to apply a physical signature. No need to store paper documents.
- Improved visibility and control
- Get notifications when contract emails are opened, contracts are viewed, or contracts are signed.
- Automatically countersign contracts or send them through an approval process when you receive them back.
Automated pipeline updates
- Automate data entry when a contract is signed by capturing the date, changing an Opportunity Stage, and even alert the Salesperson.
- Automatically attached signed documents in Salesforce.
Electronic signature is becoming the new business standard. It’s just as legal as a real signature, takes place completely via email and web form, and gives you a better history of the document than paper ever could. You can even set up electronic signature to merge fields from your Salesforce data right onto your document for signature.
Implementing eSignature in Salesforce can take as little as 4 hours.
Options for implementing Electronic Signature:
- DocuSign is the industry leading electronic signature platform. You can setup some basic templates with DocuSign and also create fields for the signer to fill out during the signing process. For more complex merging of data into documents, you can use another app, Conga, to generate the document and send through Docusign. You can set up counter signatures, auto reminders for unsigned documents, and more. A common improvement we often make is to create a trigger/process builder to update a value on a record (like Opportunity Stage to “Closed Won”) after a document has been signed by the customer.
- RS Signature is our native Salesforce App built to send a Google Doc for signature. You can use our RS Documents App to auto generate Google Docs with merged info from Salesforce if needed. An email is sent to the signer and they have a link to click to sign. Then they view the document and enter their info to accept and sign the document. You can create any document you want with your own branding, send to who you need, and in an email that looks exactly how you want it to look. You can fully automate the signature process by auto generating the document with RS Documents, auto emailing for signature, and auto updating Salesforce when signed. RS Signature is not branded like DocuSign and provides a more streamlined signature process.
- You can also implement a custom eSignature solution as we have done for many clients when an app does not fit the business requirements. A custom solution allows you to fully control the process and the styling. One downside to using the apps is their branding and name is all over the place (except with RS Signature). A custom solution usually includes a process of emailing a unique link to a customer to sign a document and then that link goes to your website with a web page that dynamically displays the agreement/contract and data dynamically populated in any design you wish. The signer has text boxes to fill in their name and any other fields as well as a checkbox that they agree or even just a button. Clicking that signs the documents and updates the Salesforce record. With a custom solution you can also include a payment step with credit card.
Comparison Chart of DocuSign and RS Signature
|Minimum users required||5||1|
|Annual subscription required||Yes||No|
|Secure, Validated Signature||Yes||Yes|
|Option for Custom Signature Domain||No||Yes|
|Preview Document before sending||Yes||Yes|
|In Person Signatures||Yes||Yes|
|Automate Sending Documents||Yes||Yes|
|Merge Data onto Documents for Signature||Yes||Yes (with RS Documents app for an additional $/user/month)|
|Send existing PDF for Signature||Yes||No|
|Send Google Doc for Signature||No||Yes|
|Sign with Finger/Mouse||Yes||Yes|
|Add random additional PDF attachments||Yes||No|
|Collect Payment||Optional Addon||Possible Configuration|
|Identity Verification||Optional Addon||No|
|Collect other Field Data||Yes||Possible Configuration|
- At A5, we are about more than just systems implementation. Our A5 offerings (Audit, Advise, Align, Attain, Assist) span the entire software ownership lifecycle and that mindset permeates each aspect of our service delivery. We understand that most of the work happens around and outside of the implementation and we are happy to guide and assist you each step of the way.
- At A5, with hundreds of sales cloud implementations across verticals, our team of experts understand your complex business processes converting them into simple business solutions to drive your business forward. Our highly certified and experienced team of functional and technical consultants, architects and project managers work with your teams catering to your business needs implementing business solutions using the industry best practices.
- At A5, we utilize a hybrid Agile/Waterfall methodology that allows for and anticipates the learning that often accompanies a deep dive into our Salesforce implementation and enablement. This flexibility allows us to work with you to create a solution that will work for your sales team while creating a high sense of ownership within both the user and admin groups. We follow this up with a rigorous testing cycle to ensure platform accuracy and effectiveness prior to system launch. We’ve found this hybrid approach to be the most successful way to deliver quality projects and platforms to our clients – on time, on budget, and with high adoption.
- At A5, we accelerate your digital transformation thru our breath of services across multiple platforms helping us package customized solutions that will meet all of your business needs.
Contact the digital transformation experts at A5 today to find out how we can guide your business to greater success.
6800 Koll Center Pkwy, Suite 160
Pleasanton, CA 94566
535 Mission St, 14th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Offshore Center of Excellence:
Level 7, Mfar Greenheart Building,
Manyata Tech Park, Hebbal Outer Ring Road, Bangalore, 560045, India