Salesforce Inventory Tracking Processes
We can setup inventory tracking processes in your Salesforce.
- Salesforce editions like Group, Professional, and Enterprise are great, and creating and tracking Leads and Opportunities, then creating quotes with line items that you select from your Products with pricebooks. Those groups are great for sending those quotes and closing those orders.
- But there are no out-of-the-box inventory tracking features in Salesforce. We can add these features with some customizations.
- If you use Salesforce to actually track all your sales and are indicating which products are being sold and in which quantities, it makes sense to close the loop from perhaps another system you might be using for inventory tracking.
- We can setup customizations to standard Products, Opportunity Line Items, etc. to manage Inventory.
- We can also setup customizations to track product inventory on custom objects.
- Another option is to use the inventory tracking app we built with the RS Order Tracking app.
- The usual features in inventory tracking are set to typically record inventory received for products and recording that against the product, then keep track of what products are sold on opportunities that are closed/won, then you can see the inventory on hand numbers for each product. You can set a par level, which is a goal for how much inventory you would like to have on hand at all times and create reports or alerts around getting to below par levels.
- You could even trigger automatic ordering of inventory when par levels are reach to your vendors.
- You can also be able to view inventory on hand when adding products to an opportunity which could help you communicate fulfillment times to the customer.