Implement Salesforce Sales Cloud Processes
We Offer Different Salesforce Consulting Services
Salesforce is a cloud-based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform that makes sales, service, marketing and more easier for both businesses and their customers. Use the Salesforce applications for small, midsize and enterprise organizations, with a focus on sales and support.
Implement Salesforce Cloud Processes
We can implement the sales tracking processes (aka Sales Cloud) included in Group, Professional, and Enterprise editions of Salesforce.
What is Salesforce Sales Cloud?
Sales Cloud is the out of the box features and processes that the Salesforce platform provides for you included with the license of Group, Professional, and Enterprise Editions. It is not included in Contact or Force.com / Platform editions.
Salesforce developed a structure and process that works for a lot of companies to manage their sales processes.
The concept of Sales Cloud process in Salesforce works like this:
- You track your Leads in a Leads object where you can record name, company, phone, email and other data for the lead. Leads can be created manually in Salesforce or from a web form or an email forwarded to Salesforce. Or you can import a csv file of Leads.
- You can setup some automatic lead assignment rules based on logic. A common logic is to assign leads by territory or by the type of service/product they are interested or using a round robin process of even rotation.
- Leads are generally considered potential people you can do business with that are not qualified yet.
- Qualifying a lead is confirming that you can actually do business with them. So typically the status’s of the Lead are Open, Contacted, Qualified and Unqualified. Every business has a different way of qualifying a lead but it could be simply just that the person is actually in need of the service or product you offer. For example you may get an email inquiry from someone asking to buy some tires for their car and that creates a Lead record, but when you see the email, you can see their are looking for just tires. But your company sells cars and not just tires. So that would be an unqualified Lead. Other companies have qualification questions like “what is your budget?” or “Are you a government organization?” or “Do you own a home?” questions that for them allow them to do business with the person and can be considered their qualification process. What ever the process it pretty much comes down to identifying if this Lead is an actual Opportunity before you turn on the sales and pitch mode.
- Another common use of Leads is when you get a list of Leads, and you are just not sure if they need or are interested in your product and you perform some cold call campaign.
- The Leads object allows you have a place where you can manage this qualification process and keep it seperate from your actual opportunities. However some companies don’t really have this qualification process and it doesn’t make sense to use Leads at all, and just skip to using Accounts/Contact/Opportunities.
- A sales rep will track their activities on the Lead like calls, emails, meetings so the history of activity is recorded. Also can set tasks and events to know what you need to do in the future to push this Lead to the next status.
- Once a Lead is qualified you then click a “Convert” button which converts the Lead record (a single record) to an Account, Contact, and Opportunity record.
- The Account record is the record for the Company. Includes fields like company name, billing address, shipping address, phone, website, etc. Then Contact records are records for individual people who work at the Company and those records are related to the Account. Contact record includes fields like name, mobile, phone, email, title. It is also possible to use Person Accounts which basically combines Account and Contact record into one record.
- The Opportunity record is the potential business deal or order for that Account/Company. Opportunity record is where you track this potential deal or transaction. You can have multiple Opportunities for an Account over time.
- On the Opportunity have you have the Opportunity Name, which is a name to reference this deal. Then you have a Close Date where you are estimating when you might close the opportunity and Amount where you estimate how much the opportunity is worth.
- Then you have the Stage where you track the different stages of the Opportunity. A common Stage picklist is something like Scoping, Quote Sent, Verbal Agreement, Closed Won, Closed Lost.
- Now on the Opportunity you can optionally add Products to the Opportunity to create a quote and pricing.
- You can create your products/services you offer in Sales Cloud with Product Name, Product Code, Product Family. Then create different pricebooks or just have one pricebook and add prices for the products.
- You can add those products to the opportunity setting the product, quantity, and price with the price defaulting to the price you set but can be overridden.
- Then you can create a Quote for the Opportunity and it will copy the opportunity products over. And from that Quote you can add some other information about the quote and generate a PDF of the quote and email it to the customer.
- You will also track your activities on the Opportunity to know what has been done and what needs to be done next.
- You can use Chatter as an internal communication tool on the records instead of email which is very useful.
- You can also set Forecasts like quotas in a basic way using Sales Cloud. These are forecasts or targets for a quarter for a year for each person. And you can see how you are doing from the Opportunities tracked against your forecasts.
- You can also track Campaigns in Sales Cloud. This is pretty basic tracking of a campaign effort like an email blast, a direct mail, or a tradeshow or an ad in a magazine for example. You can record your costs for that campaign, record who you sent the campaign to if that applies, then track the response of each person in that campaign. Or tag new leads and opportunities as a result of that campaign.
- Then you can see the Opportunities that closed won and the value roll up to that campaign and see your ROI.
Our implementation service of Salesforce Sales Cloud Processes includes:
- Tracking of your Leads
- Building your Products or Services
- Creating Pricebooks and adding prices to your products.
- Tracking quotes, and building a basic quote template for pdf email send.
- Setup Forecasts
- Setup Lead Assignment Rules
- Configure Outlook Sync if you want to sync your outlook events, tasks, and contacts.
- Chatter setup
- Customize fields to meet your needs. Assuming basic customizations of standard fields like Lead Status, Opportunity Stages, Opportunity Types, and a few custom fields needed unique to your company.
- Modify Page Layouts so they make sense for your process. Page layouts organize the fields on the fields the way they are displayed when looking at a record.
- Setup Record Types if needed which allows you to have a different sales stage or different layouts for different types of accounts, leads, or opportunities, etc.
- Configure Email to Lead where we setup an email address you can forward your firstname.lastname@example.org emails to and it will auto create a lead in Salesforce.
- Create a Web 2 Lead form that is html code that needs to be embedded into your website’s contact form so when someone fills it out it will create a lead in Salesforce.
- Setup any Validation Rules required for your needs which is requirements for fields or permissions around certain conditions. For example if you want to require the Lost Reason field to be filled out if the Opportunity Stage was set to Closed Lost.
- At A5, we are about more than just systems implementation. Our A5 offerings (Audit, Advise, Align, Attain, Assist) span the entire software ownership lifecycle and that mindset permeates each aspect of our service delivery. We understand that most of the work happens around and outside of the implementation and we are happy to guide and assist you each step of the way.
- At A5, with hundreds of sales cloud implementations across verticals, our team of experts understand your complex business processes converting them into simple business solutions to drive your business forward. Our highly certified and experienced team of functional and technical consultants, architects and project managers work with your teams catering to your business needs implementing business solutions using the industry best practices.
- At A5, we utilize a hybrid Agile/Waterfall methodology that allows for and anticipates the learning that often accompanies a deep dive into our Salesforce implementation and enablement. This flexibility allows us to work with you to create a solution that will work for your sales team while creating a high sense of ownership within both the user and admin groups. We follow this up with a rigorous testing cycle to ensure platform accuracy and effectiveness prior to system launch. We’ve found this hybrid approach to be the most successful way to deliver quality projects and platforms to our clients – on time, on budget, and with high adoption.
- At A5, we accelerate your digital transformation thru our breath of services across multiple platforms helping us package customized solutions that will meet all of your business needs.